WHY CHOOSE THE MONT-TREMBLANT AREA?
Mont-Tremblant is a 60-minute drive north of Montreal, in the heart of the Laurentians, which form the edge of the Canadian Shield, one of the oldest geological formations in the world, teeming with freshwater lakes and mountains. The area has been a tourist destination since the ski resort opened in the early 1930s. It’s a perfect getaway for sports enthusiasts and nature lovers all year round.
- Summertime activities include mountain biking, hiking, horseback riding and water sports, not to mention world-class golf.
- In fall, the changing foliage makes for a magnificent multi-coloured panorama.
- In winter, when the Laurentians are covered with a thick blanket of snow, the area becomes a true paradise for lovers of downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, skating and dog sledding.
In 1992, Intrawest acquired the resort and built a pedestrian village at the base of the slopes.
Since its acquisition by Intrawest, Tremblant has been ranked #1 ski village by SKI Magazine for :
- Eastern North America for the last 20 years
- Quality of dining and services
- Nightlife, après-ski and recreational activities
- Overall satisfaction
The Mont-Tremblant area also features:
- 8 superb golf courses, among the finest in Canada
- Hundreds of fishing lakes and vast natural expanses
- Mont-Tremblant National Park, ranked 7th among the best preserved tourist destinations in the world by National Geographic Traveler, ahead of the Swiss Alps
- Circuit Mont-Tremblant, one of the best motor racing circuits in North America
- World-class hotels and a conference centre
- An international airport only 30 minutes north of the mountain
- Mont-Tremblant Casino
- A site located 90 minutes from Montreal and 2 hours from Ottawa, the nation’s capital
- A harmonious blend of untamed nature and modern comforts
The mountain experience and pedestrian village at Mont-Tremblant make it a leading resort destination. Its view of the Laurentians, diverse 4-season offering and prestigious major events – such as IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant, Tremblant’s 24h, Wanderlust, Tremblant International Blues Festival and Tonga Lumina – got it voted 8th best North American ski resort by Condé Nast Traveler readers in 2016, among the 25 best ski villages in the world in 2014 by National Geographic and #1 ski village in eastern North America 19 times by SKI Magazine. With direct flights from Toronto through Porter Airlines, Mont-Tremblant is home to 1,900 rooms in 13 hotels, more than 75 restaurants and boutiques, and a casino nestled in the heart of nature. It’s perfect for families, couples, friends or groups of any kind.
The DTN team can be reached by email 7 days a week and by phone Monday to Friday
Thinking about buying a lot or building a cottage?
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need more information